We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Senior Project Managers provide the structure and support the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, advertising, strategy, technology, etc). They are responsible for responsible for helping define the vision of the project/ program and overseeing its execution.
This may include multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client or potentially across multiple brands or clients) or a singular, large scale or highly complex project, and ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget.
They will interface heavily with senior marketing, technical, and executive management within the client to assure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements. They will also ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team.
They are also responsible for the accurate financial management of the portfolio of projects to which they’re assigned. In addition to project responsibilities, Senior Project Managers may also participate in the business development process and may be a key member of the pre-sales team. Senior Project Managers work independently, with minimal input from direct manager needed for job performance.
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Collaborates with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
- May work with Project Director, Solution Lead, and/or Account Management to obtain and document client signoff at key points during project
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved. May also oversee project management team members who are responsible for developing and maintaining project documentation and/or subprojects.
- Manages vendor/third party relationships (i.e. such as photographers, stock photo services, and video production).
MONITORING – SCHEDULING, FINANCIALS, RISK MANAGEMENT
- Defines, manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget. May also oversee other project management team members who are responsible for monitoring project scope.
- Responsible for delivering work within sold margins. Also responsible for identifying and communicating issues causing margin changes.
- Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks. Senior Project Managers are responsible for identifying and driving solutions agreed upon by the appropriate members of the project team.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc. May also oversee other project management team members who are responsible for updating and maintaining financial documents.
- Works with Director, Project Delivery and Quality and Director, People and Culture to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources. Thinks creatively in solving staffing conflicts and identifying different staffing solutions for delivering the work.
- Follows internal processes and adjusts staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts.
- Interviews job candidates as requested.
- Is a contributor on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timelines
- Acts as a client point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues
- 5-9 years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Expert Microsoft Project and MS Office skills.
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
- Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.
- 1-3 years of people management experience