System Administrator / IT Support
Location: Bristol, Hybrid Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
As System Administrator / IT Support you will be part of our Global IT team that is directly responsible for supporting the UK IT environment which has c300 staff across offices in London, Bristol and Manchester. This is a hybrid working role with a minimum of two days a week based in our Bristol office.
Together with your UK IT colleague based in London you will be responsible for the UK IT environment to manage and maintain the server and network environment and also for the 1st and 2nd support for Windows 10/11, Mac OSX user related questions and specific tools like O365, DUO (2FA).
There will also be opportunities to work with our Global IT team on new global initiatives and projects.
What you will be doing:
• To provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support to ensure the UK IT environment remains online
• To delivery UK IT projects
• To work on our internal IT systems with a cloud first approach
• To collaborate with global IT colleagues on exiting new global projects
• To troubleshoot problems together with your (UK or Global IT) colleagues
• A completed college or university education and/or or certifications like Comptia Network+, MCSA or MCSE
• Very good/excellent communication skills
• At least 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Skillset: Windows 10/11, Mac OSX, Azure, O365, Microsoft AD, PowerShell scripting
• Good knowledge and experience in managing Windows Server environments
• Good knowledge of networking concepts (firewalling, VPN, routing, etc)
- Knowledge of major cloud solutions: Duo security, LastPass
- Knowledge about Sophos Endpoint Security, Cisco Meraki
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.