We’re looking for someone who’s up for the task of helping our brilliant digital consultants and developers as their primary IT supporter. So, if you’re an outgoing computer-wiz, we just might have the perfect job for you.
What you will do
You will be our junior system administrator and primary IT supporter for our employees. You will also contribute in pc, server and network setup, troubleshooting and maintenance.
You probably have a good idea about what this mean you will be doing, but just to be sure – here’s a more specific list:
- Install, configure, diagnose, repair and upgrade all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance
- Provide end user equipment and software access
- Address and resolve level 1 and level 2 end user hardware and software issues
- Coordinate and collaborate with business application teams to ensure availability, reliability and scalability of corporate infrastructure to meet business demands
- Plan and implement infrastructure upgrades during maintenance windows addressing patching, security fixes and vendor -supplied patches
- Administration and support of the existing backup environment
- Co-ordinate hardware and software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policies
- Monitor and manage system/network security
- Provide support for Internet/Intranet and remote access VPN services
- Support server, workstation, and network devices
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who’s outgoing and thrives being in daily contact with a huge palette of different people and professions. As a digital agency with more than 140 consultants, there’s plenty to do, so you’ll need to be good at managing and prioritizing many various tasks at the same time – meanwhile being able to handle the people dropping by your desk because they have urgent needs.
You’ll need to be proactive and capable of taking own initiatives to find solutions to the problems you and your colleagues encounter. Even though you’ll be surrounded by people with in-depth understandings of IT and a great will to help, you’ll need to take responsibility yourself as they have other responsibilities. Therefore you might just have finished a relevant IT education and are ready to get some hands-on experience or you have some experience from a similar position – because you’ll need the right skills.
If you’re the right person for the job, you’ll have the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP V4/V6 protocols in a LAN environment.
- Exposure to the following protocols but not limited to: SMTP, SIP, WWW, FTP, AFS, SMB, SNMP.
- Knowledge of Firewall/IPS Security Devices or concepts
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools
- Exposure to a variety of architectures and environments such as Windows, OS X, Linux, IOS, Android
- Experience in Microsoft platforms and services, including;
- Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher
- Office 365
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Internet Information Server 7 or higher
- Hyper V Virtualization in Single and Clustered environments
- DNS Service
Should you have any of the following skills it will certainly be considered an advantage as well:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as Azure, Amazon (AWS)
- Knowledge of SCCM/SCOM 2012
- Knowledge of Forefront Security Products
And here's a little about us:
We’re local and global. We’re part of the global Valtech Group, spanning 5 continents with 40+ offices around the world – London, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires - just to name a few.
We are innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers, who all create unprecedented success for our Global 500 clients while optimizing time-to-market and return on investment.
We’re one of the leading digital agencies in Denmark, working with brands such as Mærsk, Novo Nordisk, Arla and Lego. All thanks to our 160 brilliant minds working in our stunning offices in Copenhagen and Aarhus.
As part of a global organization we have multi-cultural local environments that are both open and collaborative, offering unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development – locally as well as globally.
We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients and careers.
We provide everyone with freedom and sky-high opportunities - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication.
We have a role-based, transparent workplace based on democratic principles where the same terms apply to everyone. Therefore, we all share the same loyalty-based pension and vacation scheme, health insurance and fringe benefits.
As part of our general transparent approach, we like to deal with salary upfront. So when you apply, let us know what you expect.
Note to non-EU nationals: We require a valid work permit in Denmark.
With on-going interviews, we urge you to send your application as soon as possible to email@example.com or press the apply button straight away.
If you have any questions, just let us know:
1437 København K,
T: 3288 2000