Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we Deliver
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
- Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
- Outcome Focus
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
What you'll do
- Designing, developing and delivering solutions with clients’ architects.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems.
- Leading teams of developers, testers, ops through the full lifecycle of development
- Delivering presentations and demonstrating the potential of technologies to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Involvement in pre-sales activities
- Managing client expectations throughout the project lifecycle from initiation through to delivery
What you'll need
- Experience taking ultimate responsibility for designing and delivering one or more large scale solutions, understanding the various cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance and quality.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience architecting solutions, including creating architectural artefacts, such as high-level designs, disaster recovery plans and support documentation in an Agile environment
- A rigorous understanding of automated testing
- Working knowledge of multiple storage technologies such as SQL and No-SQL.
- Understanding of Cloud computing, virtualisation and containerisation.
Nice to have
- Experience with Information Security/ Information Assurance
- Knowledge and experience of GDPR
- Knowledge of coding in multiple programming languages and platforms, primarily focused on the JVM and CLR ecosystems.
- Experience of running multiple teams concurrently is highly desirable.
- Experience of multiple technical domains such as web, mobile and data
We’re looking for someone with a maker mentality, who wants to join a company full of diverse, intelligent and talented people. Someone who wants to shake things up and fill their days with problem solving, innovation and phenomenal client projects. Someone who is ready to do the best work of their life…. things they are really and genuinely proud of, with opportunities to travel far and wide, learn every day and to really and truly meet their potential.