Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3,000+ people in 45 beautiful offices across 15 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a brilliant technology leader to join us here in the UK. We’re after someone who will support and encourage the growth of our regional technical capabilities and who will lead a community of talented people who are passionate about tech and digital as a force for good.
This is a senior leadership role in the UK business, but we are a genuinely global business with a global community that actively supports and promotes the fostering of connections, knowledge sharing and influence across borders. So, whilst you’ll be based in the UK, we really want someone who is excited about being part of something bigger and who is up for impacting global strategy.
Our perfect candidate really cares about helping teams to make things better for users. They will be as credible as a coach and mentor as they are as a technologist. Curiosity, critical thought and an ability to get under the skin of our clients’ businesses will make this role seriously satisfying.
This role reports into the UK Head of Delivery but will work very closely with other functional directors and colleagues across Valtech globally.
- Leadership of Valtech UK’s agile technical community of 80+ people (note this is not direct line management)
- Setting of technical standards
- Gathering, generating and synthesising strong opinions on technology trends to influence internal and client strategy
- Supporting client engagements directly by assuring technical work done for our clients is in line with the standards you will develop and our client’s technology and engineering standards
- Supporting our sales and account management team both in exploring opportunities for growth with our clients and in delivering bids and proposals
- Strengthening the UK’s technical presence and involvement within the global Valtech community
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record building and leading communities of technologists
- Proven ability to collaborate with clients and demonstrate passion for their outcomes
- Established as a well-rounded technologist with experience across technology and business domains
- Proven ability to engage and influence at C-suite level
- Proven ability to advocate for delivery methods (esp agile) and understand the impact on technology planning/strategy
- Deep experience in solving problems involving:
- Bespoke development
- COTS integration
- CMS, CXP platforms
Technology domains we are particularly interested in talking to you about:
- .NET, Java development;
- Accessible front end engineering
- Devops culture
- Continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- Infrastructure automation and the evolution of infrastructure
- CMS/CXP platforms
- eCommerce platforms
- Azure, AWS, GCP
- Security by design
- Open source