Are you able to adopt the mind-set of the end user and think about how technology can assist in accelerating the product and delivery cycle?
Then this job might be just for you!
As a Technical QA Specialist, you will be the one who helps implement the best practices for automated testing within Valtech and take the concept to a higher level. Your colleagues have a basic level of understanding when it comes to automatic testing and you will bring the team to the next level with your expert technical testing skills and knowledge.
Aside from that, you will work in multidisciplinary teams on websites and platforms of our big clients. You will use all kinds of techniques, tools and test cases, depending on the chosen test approach and goals like, integration testing and automatic regression testing.
Last but not least, you will get involved in new projects in which you will give advice and set up the approach to automatic testing for the project on your own or in cooperation with your QA colleagues.
So in summary:
- You have a vision on QA automation;
- You create test scripts and automate them;
- You are a technical coach for your other QA colleagues;
- You make decisions concerning the use of QA tools;
- You assure, monitor and advice on the quality of the platform or website.
What more should you have?
As you may have guessed, this role is all about quality. You don’t strive for perfection, but you look for the best solutions for the client’s needs. Are you a team player with good communication skills and are you independent and assertive? Then this job might be just for you!
- 3-5 years of experience in a test automation role;
- Knowledge of Selenium, Webdriver io, Cucumber or other automation test tools or frameworks;
- Experience with the implementation of automatic testing;
- Experienced in working in a Scrum/Agile team;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Experience using BDD and/or ATDD testing approaches.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Build tools (i.e. Teamcity, Octopus);
- Knowledge of (automated) Load/Performance testing with JMeter;
- Knowledge of WEB standards and experience testing Web Services and REST based APIs;
- Working with ReSharper;
- Understanding of CI and CI Tools;
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and Commerce applications.
What’s in it for you?
Come work at Valtech and you can count on getting a good employment package and lots of space to develop yourself. You determine how quickly your career develops and how your salary grows. But you won’t be alone, because we offer lots of internal training and development. You learn on the job every day, and you can follow courses at our internal Academy. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly bound together, working hours are flexible to assure you can make the most of your creativity.
* One of the requirements of our company is that employees have a permanent address in the Netherlands and/or a valid workpermit.
* No recruitment agencies please. We’ll fill this vacancy ourselves.