Want to be part of an awesome global digital agency?
Want to join a team of innovators, doers and thinkers?
Want to have fun while working with cutting edge technologies and super cool clients?
Are you an amazing Technical Program Manager?
Do you have experience managing enterprise website implementations and redesigns?
If so, we want to hear from you!
At Valtech, our quest for top- talent never ends. Start exploring Valtech now.
**Even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply**
Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global business transformation agency delivering innovation with a purpose. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with consumers across their digital touch points while optimizing time-to-market and ROI. We are a network of more than 3000 innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives and developers spanning 5 continents with offices in 16 countries (USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Brazil, China, India, Australia, Singapore, Argentina, Ukraine).
While our expertise is in technology, marketing and experience design, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients, including strategy consulting, service design, technology services, and optimization of business-critical digital platforms for multichannel e-commerce and marketing.
We come from all over the world, which means you’ll always find someone to connect with and learn from. Our international culture positions the Valtech team to work on global projects with a lasting positive impact.
SHARE CARE DARE
What we offer:
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- 401K with match
- Professional development and training opportunities-Valtech Academy
- Fun company events- Culture club, happy hours, company outings
What we are looking for:
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
- The Technical Program Manager plays a key role in shaping and delivering digital solutions of value for our clients
- The Technical Program Manager provide structure and support the overall vision for assigned projects (e.g. web development, strategy, technology, etc.).
- He/She is responsible for helping define the vision of the program and overseeing its execution. This may involve management of multiple projects, across multiple brands or clients, by a team of project managers, and ensuring the overall health of the projects in their portfolio (financials, resources, risks, relationships), or overseeing one large portfolio-sized account.
- The Technical Program Manager serves as “Lead” on large client accounts and is accountable for the delivery management team’s organization, operational efficiencies and health within their assigned accounts. Within that role the Program Manager may be responsible for supervising one or more project managers and/or senior project managers.
- He/She will interface heavily with senior creative, strategy, marketing, technical, and executive management within the client to assure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements.
- He/She will also ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team.
- He/She will be responsible for delivering accurate financial management of the accounts/brands to which they are assigned and for delivering improved account margins. In addition to the project responsibilities.
- The Technical Program Manager will also participate in the business development process and will be a key member of the pre-sales team where appropriate. He/She will proactively manage risk to ensure project success.
What you will do:
- Has a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements
- Leads the project team in determining the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints
- Has a foundational understanding of digital products and can guide the client in decision making during the planning phase.
- Develops processes for project delivery, from scoping through execution and closure
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools. Ensures the feasibility of project delivery given scope, time and budget constraints. Partners with Solution Lead, and/or Account Management to identify pursuits and make go/no-go decisions
- Ensures that client signoff is obtained at key points during projects
- Responsible for hands on delivery of programs and/or projects (which may or may not include supporting PM team members). This includes scheduling of meetings, management of JIRA, conducting daily stand-ups, following up with meeting notes and actions and the update of resource management tools and weekly budget tracking/invoicing.
- Understands, at least at a high level, the functionality and underlying architecture of the projects to become the single point of contact for clients when needed.
- Coordinates activities of the project management team and has overall responsibility for delivery health of projects in the assigned accounts (whether by managing projects directly or by managing project managers on projects)
- Ensures that project management team is handling core functions of the PM role, such as: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management
- Develops processes and standards for project documentation and ensures that the project management team is developing, maintaining, reviewing and/or disseminating all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and postmortem reviews
- Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved
- Directs vendor/third party relationships at the account or large project level
MONITORING – SCHEDULING, FINANCIALS, RISK MANAGEMENT
- Ensures adherence to processes for scope management and change control
- Oversees project management team on accounts to ensure that projects in the assigned accounts are completed according to schedule and within budget
- Responsible for delivering work to sold margin
- Responsible for developing solutions to margin challenges at the account and project levels
- Responsible for identifying and driving solutions to project risk challenges at the account and project levels
- Responsible for accuracy throughout the project financial lifecycle for all projects within the assigned accounts, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- Is also responsible for developing and adhering to processes for project and account financial managemen
- Responsible for collaborating with the Director, Project Delivery and Quality on staffing of project management team members within assigned accounts, including recruiting, hiring and contractor usage
- Responsible for optimizing team utilization, working with leads across all disciplines in the assigned accounts
- Responsible for ensuring that the project management team in the assigned accounts follow internal processes and adjust staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts
- Identifies staffing needs within assigned accounts and works with delivery lead and recruiting to fill open positions
- Actively participates and develops expertise in interviewing potential job candidates
- Is a contributor on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness
- Establishes relationships with key client team members at the account level or in high profile projects
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency policies and employment laws, including: planning, assigning, and directing work; on-boarding new employees; working with direct reports to ensure they understand expectations of their performance and to help them identify commitments; providing direction and feedback via regular meetings and as needed; fostering employees’ ongoing skill and career development; conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews; recognizing good performance; and addressing performance issues
- Ensures direct reports who are managers carry out the same supervisory responsibilities
- Builds team expertise by mentoring junior team members and offering training in relevant methodologies, techniques, frameworks, etc.
- Works with the Discipline lead, Solution Leads, Practice Leads and other team members to develop and/or promote best practices for the discipline
- Proactively works to define and/or improve delivery management policies and procedures
- Elevates issues around direct report compensation to manager
What you should have:
- 8+ years’ experience managing multiple large, complex and cross functional interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment
- Foundational knowledge of development standards, infrastructure, database structures as it pertains to digital projects.
- Ability to guide functional design to avoid unnecessary technical complexity
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects
- Expert understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project managers and/or senior project managers at one time
- Ability to drive hands on delivery
- Strong sense of urgency
- High proficiency in JIRA
- Highly skilled at writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Highly experienced in the delivery of projects that include strategy, design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project/account team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex account-wide problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- Expert knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Certified Agile Practitioner- Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred