Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world.
From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 4000 talented people in 51 beautiful offices across 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
- Cross-functional teams
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team, it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
• Continuous learning
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
• Outcome Focussed
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
We are looking to for a trainee delivery manager to join the team to support the delivery of projects to a range of customers.
Working with our existing Delivery Managers and Delivery Directors, you will help support the team across a wide range of tasks, all designed to deliver excellence to our customers. You will add value to our clients and the client relationship through improving and ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of management information. This will benefit Valtech through quality and consistency of communication between the project and business operations teams (e.g. finance).
In return you will have the opportunity to develop in the role, influence process, suggest improvements and be able to get involved in our ‘support’ processes for existing customers.
Previous experience as a Delivery or Project Manager is not necessary although experience in an administrative assistant role or any form of customer services role would be an advantage.
- Numerate and literate
- Comfortable working with Excel and use of pivot tables
- Used to dealing with financial matters – Invoicing, accounts payable etc.
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Self-managing – able to work on initiative to provide daily support but also define and implement repeatable and scalable processes without direction
- Practical and pragmatic – able to resolve issues and understand what is good-enough
- Good time management
- Works well in a team and alone
- Willing to travel – but not expected to work away from home on a regular basis
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Support the management of work allocation and documentation within Jira. Understand how the tool is used, the different types of ticket (Story, Bug, Task etc.), and the methodologies used on projects
- Manage team metrics and reporting – throughput, lead time, cycle time, velocity, CFD charts, holiday calendars, sprint burndown – act as a radiator for that information
- Work with the Delivery Managers and Account Directors to book staff against projects, validate that the forecasting revenue against the bookings matches approved budget or projected pipelines of work
- Supporting ongoing project ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement sessions and retrospectives
- Help remove impediments with clients, document and share with relevant stakeholders along with suggested solutions
- Tracking and managing project risks
- Ensuring team members have completed and submitted their timesheets weekly
- Update budget forecasts, checking holidays are accounted for, and there is alignment with the finance system
- Support weekly finance meetings
- Producing month end budget reports (SDN’s) for customers, sending these out (after they’ve been checked) and chasing for approval
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.