Trainee Delivery Manager
Location: UK - Hybrid / Remote Working
A few words about us:
First things first… What will you become a part of? Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation. We enable clients to anticipate tomorrow’s trends and connect more directly with their consumers across digital and physical touchpoints.
We deliver innovation with a purpose. With expertise across experience design, technology and marketing, our passion is in addressing transformational business challenges for our clients. Challenges where we re-imagine the customer journey and build new connected experiences. Challenges where we make data work in this new era and help our clients transform the way they operate and optimise business-critical digital platforms for multichannel commerce and marketing.
From discovery to optimisation, clients trust Valtech to remove complexity and deliver innovative, frictionless solutions that close the experience gap between customer expectation and reality. We are a network of more than 5,000 makers, thinkers, marketers, creatives, and developers spanning 5 continents with 50+ offices in 22 countries.
We are looking to for a Trainee Delivery Manager to join the team to support the delivery of digital transformation projects to our clients.
Working with our Delivery Managers and Programme Directors, you will help support the team across a wide range of tasks, all designed to deliver excellence to our clients. You will add value to our client deliveries, by improving and ensuring quality, accuracy, and timeliness of management information, benefitting Valtech through consistency of communication between the project and business operations teams (e.g. finance).
As a Trainee Delivery Manager, you will have the opportunity to professionally develop, influence process, implement improvements and be able to get involved in on-going ‘support’ processes for existing customers.
Previous experience as a Delivery or Project Manager is not necessary, although experience in a project-related or administrative role would be an advantage.
What you will be doing:
- You will be supporting the management of work allocation and documentation within Jira, understanding how the tool is used, the different types of ticket (Story, Bug, Task etc.), and the methodologies used on projects
- Manage team metrics and reporting – throughput, lead time, cycle time, velocity, CFD charts, holiday calendars and sprint burndowns
- Work with the Delivery Managers and Account Directors to book our teams against projects, validate that the forecasting revenue against the bookings matches approved budget or projected pipelines of work
- Supporting on-going project ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement sessions and retrospectives
- Help remove impediments with clients, document and share with relevant stakeholders along with suggested solutions
- Tracking and managing project risks
- Ensuring team members have completed and submitted their weekly timesheets
- Update budget forecasts, checking holidays are accounted for and alignment with the finance systems
- Support weekly finance meetings
- Producing month end budget reports (SDNs) for clients, tracking internal and external approvals
• Comfortable working with Excel and use of pivot tables
• Experience with financial processes – invoicing, accounts payable etc.
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Self-managing – able to work on initiative to provide daily support but also define and implement repeatable and scalable processes without direction
• Practical and pragmatic – able to resolve issues and understand the levels of excellence that Valtech delivers
• Willing to travel to Valtech’s offices as required – but not expected to work away from home on a regular basis
What can you expect from us:
At Valtech you’ll become part of our exceptional team of more than 5,000 talented innovators, design thinkers, marketers, creatives, and engineers. We interact across countries, disciplines, trades, roles and teams. We are consultants before anything else and take ownership of our own work, clients, and careers. We provide everyone with a large degree of freedom - in return, we expect an equally high degree of accountability and dedication. We transform by doing and insanely passionate about improving the end user experience. We are a people company. We share our knowledge and learnings, we dare to speak up and take risks. And we care deeply about one another, our clients, and the world around us.
We have from our very beginning always worked hard on providing everyone within our organisation the opportunity to grow and transform their job opportunities and career paths across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field. Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of the work we deliver, but for all the amazing people that make it happen. We don’t just talk about how to get things done; we really do transform by doing.
Here at Valtech we’re big believers that our staff are our most important asset, and as such we want to make sure we look after you. As well as all the usual corporate benefits (hybrid & flexible working, pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday, phone, laptop, BUPA private healthcare & dental etc), we pride ourselves on our commitment to continuous learning and development, which means you’ll have a clear growth and development path, alongside access to professional coaching and online learning courses.
You’ll be joining an inclusive and diverse workforce, working on truly exciting projects with collaborative teams at a local and global level, with a big focus on health and social well-being (free office lunches, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, Flu Jab, regular Company Days and staff parties).
We appreciate that interviews can be daunting. At Valtech we aim to make the interview process an approachable, two-way conversation, that allows us to get to know you and for you to get to know us. As part of our efforts to ensure the recruitment process is fair and consistent, we have put in place measures and initiatives to ensure we are not rating people differently due to our own bias.
If you would like to know more about our recruitment framework, click here.
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.