Who are we?
Valtech is more than just a digital agency. Whilst we’ve been transforming our clients’ businesses for over 25 years, we’ve also been working hard to offer transformative job opportunities for our colleagues across the world. From graduates to seasoned professionals who are experts in their field, Valtech will always be recognised not just for the quality of work we deliver, but for all of the amazing people that make it happen.
We are 3000+ people in nearly 40 offices in 16 countries. We work with some of the world’s best known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we don’t just talk about how to get things done, we really transform by doing.
How we deliver?
There are some fundamental principles to the way that we deliver. While we are pragmatic in our approach to any specific project, if you don’t share these values we are unlikely to be a good fit for you:
Agile methods have always emphasised the merit of teams with all the skills necessary to delivery on user’s needs. To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team it helps to be genuinely interested in the work of those in other roles. We value the flexibility to pick up slack across other areas of capability as well as expertise and specialisation.
We find that diverse groups working together come to better solutions. In user testing this approach builds empathy in the team. In design we collaborate to test ideas and develop alternatives. As a team we work together to improve our approach.
This applies to product development as it applies to individuals. Our projects are designed to engage with uncertainty creating opportunities to learn. We use experiments, prototypes and hypotheses to learn about user behaviour, design algorithms and select technologies. Our communities of practice provide a space for us to improve and learn from peers. While as individuals a personal training budget enables opportunity to grow and develop.
When driving our projects, we focus on outcomes. Knowing how a project will be deemed a success by users and customers enables creativity and innovation.
We are looking for UI Developers who are motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. With 2-5 years of experience under their belt you will work with the creative team to bridge the gap between user centred design and technical implementation, playing a key role in how applications should look and work.
At Valtech, we work across government and the commercial sector, on some of the most challenging and interesting projects. Our success is built on delivering quality user experiences at the time they are needed, and we care about positive outcomes even more than the technology we build.
As a consultancy we work on a range of projects:
- Digital (Web)/ Mobile Apps/ Big Data/ Platform projects
- Full Lifecyle development projects from discovery/ inception phase through to delivery
- Cutting edge technologies with cross functional teams
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to develop web applications and components
- Participation in user research and understanding of user needs
- Effectively develop in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format producing DRY code
- Improve the performance of pages
- Being a team player, up for pair programming and design reviews
- Work with back-end developers to integrate templates and functionalities
- Work as an individual when needed for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Being able to break down tasks and provide estimates
- Communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
Skills and Requirements:
- Responsive Web Design
- React framework
- Accessibility testing
- Version Control
Nice to have:
- TDD experience
- CSS (Styled Components)
- Native mobile app experience (React Native)
- CMS experience – Contentful, Sitecore, EPiServer, Adobe, Drupal
- Branching strategy (Trunk based development)
- Native mobile app experience
Diversity and Inclusion at Valtech
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be).
As part of this work, we’re sharing an optional anonymous survey with you after your application. This survey will help us better understand the people who apply to work at Valtech. It'll help us see how different demographics progress through our hiring process, and where we need to make improvements to give them a better chance of succeeding. If you choose to fill it out, all of the information you give us is:
- Voluntary. And we've included a "prefer not to say" option for every question. It'd be helpful if you still fill out the survey even if you choose "prefer not to say" for every question, as it's useful for us to understand & record this. We won't know if you choose to fill this survey in or not.
- Anonymous to Valtech. We can't tie your responses to you and they won't make a difference to the outcome of your application. We'll only use grouped responses for equal opportunities monitoring in our hiring process.
For more information on how we'll use this data, please read our candidate privacy notice.
By filling out the survey, you agree that we can use your responses for the purposes we've mentioned above.