Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3,000+ people in 45 beautiful offices across 15 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a user experience designer who cares deeply about designing digital products and services used by people every day. You care how a real person will experience it. Use it. And fail with it. You know it needs to be usable but believe it should be accessible for all.
At Valtech we promise to make products and services that will delight users. We take a user centered design approach to delivering on this promise. Some of our clients run products and deliver services used by millions of users. All of our clients operate in complex digital environments.
UX designers at Valtech champion user needs and design solutions that find that sweet spot with the client’s outcomes powered by scalable technologies. This balance demands UX designers work iteratively, sharing their early work to get feedback quickly, validating ideas and carrying out user research, iterating designs in order to shape innovative solutions for complex problems.
You need to demonstrate empathy, critical thinking and a drive to find the innovation solution across often competing and complex digital landscapes. And no, you don’t design for you but the target user. This you? Read on...
- Demonstrable experience of creating user centred design solutions
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your digital design skills and experience
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for user centred design methodology across your working experience
- Experience supporting qualitative user research
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience working effectively within Agile teams
- Clear experience working closely with other digital project team roles (from business analysts to developers)
- Ability to share ideas rapidly
- Experience using one or more industry-standard design tools e.g. Sketch, InVision, Axure
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude for some of the following skills: ability to craft compelling and actionable design solutions, facilitation, storytelling, verbal and written, ideation and concept development
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and project teams nationally and internationally (COVID pandemic-dependent)
- Experience supporting pre-sales teams to develop new business
- Design experience across one or more of the following: voice, product, VR, AR, game, film or architecture (this can be non-paid work and from personal or educational projects)