Who are we?
Valtech is a multi-award winning digital agency with 3,000+ people in 45 beautiful offices across 15 countries. We work with major global brands like L’Oréal, Heineken, Toyota, BMW and the NHS to deliver the future of digital technology and transform business results. In the UK, this work is further complimented by a long history of engagements in the UK Government and public sector, with over 25 years of transforming the user experience to improve lives. So, whether you are renewing a Blue Badge, booking your next holiday or ordering your Friday night takeaway, we’re making it happen.
We transform our clients’ businesses and offer transformative job opportunities for those who join us. We transform by doing across commerce, connected experiences, digital platforms, marketing and more.
We are looking for a visual designer who cares deeply about design and the visual execution of digital products and services used by people every day.
At Valtech we promise to make products and services that will delight users. We take a user centered design approach to delivering on this promise. Some of our clients are delivering products while others are delivering services. All of our clients operate in complex digital environments.
Designers at Valtech champion the brand, understanding the client’s outcomes while keeping user needs core to the design solution. Designers work iteratively, sharing their early work to get feedback quickly, validating ideas and assumptions with user research, iterating designs in order to shape innovative solutions for complex problems.
You will need to be able to switch between varied types of design and back up your design choices with solid thinking. In addition to this you will be able to pitch and sell your ideas to clients, whether that’s in an informal meeting or at a more formal pitch.
- Demonstrable experience in creating visual design production-ready assets across digital projects is mandatory
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your digital design skills and experience
- Track record of balancing user needs, business goals and the possibilities of technology
- Clear experience working closely with other digital project team roles (from business analysts to developers)
- Excellent creative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable experience leading in some combination of the following domains: experience design, service design, creative direction, experience strategy, innovation and implementation, visual design direction, experience design measurement
- Experience working effectively within Agile teams
- Ability to sketch and share ideas rapidly
- Experience with one or more of the following design tools: Sketch, InVision, Creative Suite, Motion (video)
- Experience of production-ready video editing
- Some consulting skills across the following: ability to craft compelling and actionable design solutions, facilitation, storytelling, verbal and written, ideation and concept development
- Experience supporting pre-sales teams to develop new business
- Willingness to travel to work with clients and project teams nationally and internationally (COVID pandemic-dependent)
Nice to have:
- Design experience across one or more of the following: voice, product, VR, AR, game, film or architecture
- Experience both client-side and agency-side