For our design team in Amsterdam we are currently looking for a new colleague to strengthen this team. Our design teams within Valtech work collaboratively within account teams to conceptualize, design and deliver complex design projects for global brands. The systems we develop are real world, tangible applications that are used by millions of people daily. Our customers include the likes of: Action, Philips, Unilever, EasyJet, Upfield. This team love design and love technology. You get to work with some of the best technologists in the business who can build anything you might dream of. Our designers always need to be learning, to be on top of the latest design/ux/technology trends to ensure our work is always leading the way.
As a visual designer at Valtech you champion the brand and you have a good understanding of the user needs and business goals and are able to transform offline guides into something that truly works for digital. You like to work iteratively, scoping out with pen and paper, sharing your early work to get feedback quickly, validating ideas and assumptions with user research, to shape creative and innovative solutions for complex problems.
What will you be doing?
- You make sure the designs are in line with the project’s objectives and client expectations.
- You help to improve the work by offering new angles, inspiration, best practices and practical solutions.
- You will need to be able to switch between varied types of design and back-up your design choices with solid thinking. In addition to this you will be able to pitch and sell your ideas to clients, whether that’s in an informal meeting or at a more formal pitch.
- You are able to balance user needs, business goals and the possibilities of technology.
- You are able to always be an advocate for the user and ensure the design is consistent and accessible for all devices and users.
What do we expect from you?
- Strong portfolio of work in a Senior Design role
- 5+ years of digital design experience of Enterprise Scale Solutions and high transaction e-commerce applications
- As showcased in your portfolio, your skills are so amazing that we would hire you on the spot.
- Experience with lean UX experience and working effectively within Agile teams
- You safeguard quality at all times and work together with QA testers.
- Track record of balancing user needs, business goals and the possibilities of technology
- Ability to work quickly and iteratively and to sketch and share ideas
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Motion Graphic experience is a bonus
What will we give you in return?
You can expect a good package of employment conditions, a competitive salary and lots of room to develop. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you, though your mentor will, of course, guide you. You can also use our internal Academy to continue to develop yourself and, in consultation with your mentor or team captain, follow an external work-related course. And because working, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can organize your working hours flexibly, to coincide with your most creative moments.
Acquisition not appreciated.