Visual Designer (UI / Visual / Brand)
What we are looking for:
Valtech’s Experience Design Team is a collective of experts that create groundbreaking products, services, and experiences; with expertise in UX, UI, product, visual, motion, industrial, and brand design. We're seeking an experienced Visual Designer (UI) – to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects – with a strong background in classic design and demonstrated expertise in digital experiences.
The Visual Designer (UI) can sketch out their ideas quickly and articulate complex ideas in a simple and clear way. He/she/they take insights and research provided by Strategy and turn them into actionable concepts, design systems, and interfaces. Relentless attention to detail and a high level of craft are required to create high-fidelity compositions and design systems at a fast pace for diversified solutions across a range of platforms.
- Medical: Options starting at 100% medical coverage for employees, and we cover 85% for spouses, partners, and dependents
- We contribute an annual $750 for employee only or $1,500 cash payment towards your family HSA
- 401(k) Employer matching and immediate vesting
- Flexible Paid Time Off under Valtech's policy to support your work-life balance
- Up to 8 Weeks of paid Parental Leave
- Home office set up stipend for new hires
- 2pm Summer Fridays
- As a Visual Designer (UI), you'll design for a diverse range of complex and innovative projects, creating experiences used by millions of people every day.
- Define brand concepts, positioning, look and feels and design systems that work across multiple applications
- Create style guides, mockups, business rules, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe and visualize the intended user experience
- As it pertains to UI, help design and create user testing sessions and present findings and recommendations
- Build and sustain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Stay current with recent design methodologies, trends and techniques. Proactively search for and recommend new best practices
- Mentor other more junior designers and play a role in helping build a dynamic design culture
- 3+ years of proven agency or studio experience across a variety of industries, creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences, or applications
- Excellence at strategically designing brand experiences across multiple channels, including web, mobile, and native applications. Experiential, physical, and voice are a plus
- Knowledge of the way products should work and a deep understanding and appreciation of what users want and need when it comes to digital and interactive media.
- A hands-on creative who is willing to get their hands dirty
- A strategic thinker, a team player, and excited to lead with a solutions-oriented mindset. We need someone who will never tire of pushing the work to be better.
- Full understanding of how to identify the true needs of users through assessing research, Customer Journey Mapping, and applying the insights to the design strategy and business needs.
- A master communicator, who knows how to get their point across with a passion and enthusiasm that motivates colleagues to innovate and can present and gracefully defend great work
- A person who’s great under pressure, able to thrive under crazy deadlines, juggling multiple projects and delivering to dozens of stakeholders
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs, timelines, budgets, and availability changes. Someone who is able to roll with it and has a solutions-based mindset
- Passion for innovation, creativity, partnership, and storytelling plus an understanding of how well-executed design supports business imperatives
- Figma and Sketch should be the core element of your toolbox. Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Here’s a little about us:
Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 5,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 51+ offices in 19 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.