VP of People and Culture, North America
What we are looking for:
Valtech is a people-first organization. As the Vice President of People & Culture for North America, your work will shape and advance the employee experience at Valtech.
As Valtech continues its rapid growth (25%+ organic plus acquisitions), this role is critical for the integration of new companies and to ensure the maturity level required to succeed as a publicly traded company.
You will lead and oversee all People & Culture strategies, initiatives, and programs for the region including Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Engagement & Communications, Performance Management, Learning & Development, DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), Policies & Benefits, Culture, Employee Relations, Compliance and Payroll.
- Advocate: Be the biggest advocate for our people – while ensuring we actively harmonize employee engagement with our business needs
- Innovate: Create and evolve our approach to P&C. Our objectives require long-term strategic thinking supported by persistent creativity and innovation. We compete for the best talent and need Valtech to stand out in the market.
- Collaborate: Coordinate with global leaders, regional NA leadership, and People & Culture team members to ensure a holistic view of our talent challenges and opportunities
- Strategize: Develop and refine our P&C strategic plan including identification and prioritization of all initiatives, budget management, and organizational design (structure, roles, and accountabilities)
- Support: Ensure all NA teams have appropriate leadership and support, including tools, practices, and career paths, learning & development, mentoring, performance feedback, and DE&I initiatives
- Talent Acquisition – Oversee our employer branding and recruiting efforts by ensuring the proper leadership, structure, roles, and accountabilities are in place and effectively engaged. Partner with our business owners and discipline leads to match our staffing (regional, local, nearshore) and budgets (internal and external) to required hiring volume and profile mix.
- Onboarding, Employee Relations, Engagement, Culture, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Compliance – Work with local P&C team members to ensure a consistent and effective full lifecycle employee experience that reflects Valtech’s values: Share, Dare, Care. Ensure business owners have P&C partners to drive their objectives and support their teams. Support global initiatives and create regional programs to continually improve Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Contribute to unifying titles, career paths, and roles and responsibilities across North America.
- Performance Management, Learning & Development – oversee the ongoing implementation and improvement of our systems and process that enhance our employees’ personal development and career progression.
- Policies & Benefits – Ensure competitiveness and local compliance of our benefits and policies. Drive innovation in our efforts to differentiate Valtech.
- M&A – Contribute to the due diligence and integration planning of target companies. Build relationships with target company leadership. Ensure quality due diligence and evaluations of targets’ P&C maturity and talent. Oversee post-merger integration. Oversee change management support for employees.
- Thought leadership: Be a visible leader for all aspects of P&C for Valtech across the region. Proactively build our reputation for putting People first. Be an authoritative ambassador for Valtech’s people experience.
- Business Leadership: As a member of the Valtech NA Leadership Team, take shared ownership of and bring diverse perspectives to actively build a stronger region under the broader vision of ‘One Valtech’.
- Leadership: Robust experience in various P&C leadership roles, with clear evidence of success working within a professional services business across multiple cities/countries. Proven experience setting a clear and compelling Talent/P&C vision and roadmap for increasing maturity, scaling/growth, and innovation. Ideally, experience navigating from a private to a public company and experience in a management position in a publicly traded company.
- People: A natural, empathetic, and inspirational people leader that has successfully cultivated cultures that value diversity, equity, inclusion and growth and opportunity for multidisciplinary teams across multiple geographies. Valued as a leader, a mentor, and a coach by all levels of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial & Growth: Growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit. Thrives on a level of uncertainty and autonomy yet manages to keep teams motivated and focused on the overall strategic priorities and objectives.
- Collaborative: Inspires the mindset of succeeding together. Must have demonstrated change implementation throughout career, both locally and within a wider global operation. Comfortable managing ambiguity and can lead through influence.
- Geography: Experience with supporting teams/employees living in Canada and the USA.
Here’s a little about us: