We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
Reporting to the Executive VP, North America, the VP, People & Engagement has responsibility for all Human Resources (HR) activities for Valtech across our offices in Canada and the U.S. In this role, you will lead the implementation of a people strategy and people programs for Valtech in line with our company mission, values and culture. You will establish programs to ensure effective talent acquisition and retention, support the development of capabilities and create an environment that fosters an engaged workforce in a performance culture, where we do great and innovative work for our clients.
As an ideal candidate you likely have a broad scope of Human Resources experience and the ability to define, develop and drive strategic change, and you’re ready to take the next step in your career as an HR leader. You are energized by challenging the status quo to create a better business environment, passionate about championing and safeguarding a healthy positive corporate culture, and driven to deliver significant and measurable value-adding contributions through Human Resources. We’re a fast-growing and ambitious digital agency that work with some of the most known brands, and we expect you to be equally ambitious.
- Build the credibility of the HR function by providing valued input on business issues facing the organization, particularly those that impact the culture, employee engagement and retention.
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, help to evolve the organization in support of Valtech’s continued growth.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all levels of the organization and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring the organization for success.
- Manage day-to-day/front line HR administration and employee relations, as well as strategic planning and development of scalable HR programs to support anticipated growth.
- Examine and lead the organization’s employee retention program to support successful integration of talent into the organization; and establish effective practices and metrics to track progress.
- Lead the performance planning & review process which includes all requisite training & development, performance coaching and career development; and in partnership with People & Engagement local leaders, ensure it drives the achievement of business goals through objective and development plan setting and employee development.
- Maintain an effective workforce planning and talent acquisition process that meets the fluctuating needs of the organization; manage all elements of the recruitment process fostering the development of sound recruitment practices.
- Support local leadership team through training, coaching and the alignment of their goals with the organization’s.
- Be a champion of Valtech’s culture and a brand ambassador in articulating the Company’s employer value proposition to prospective and current employees.
- Build out a plan to grow and equip Human Resources to support growing Valtech Human Capital needs.
- Contribution to mergers & acquisition activities.
- 15+ years of HR experience with at least 5+ of years as a strategic regional Human Resources leader inside a fast-paced high growth agency or technology firm.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of strategic HR programs, including those in the areas of retention, performance management, talent development, recruitment, compensation, benefits succession planning.
- University degree with a business discipline, or equivalent.
- Experienced and comfortable advising and coaching senior executives within an organization, and contributing to influencing strategy at the leadership level.
- Experience with developing and facilitating employee training.
- Good understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation, health & safety, diversity legislation and an ability to find answers to technical HR questions in these areas.
- Ability to establish credibility quickly and build trust with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service focus and a true team player.
- Our competitive compensation package.
- Collaborating with a diverse, dynamic and close-knit team.
- Summer half-days and the possibility to work remotely.
- Collaboration with our international offices and the possibility to go.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks in the kitchen.
- Fun monthly team-building activities.
- Social activities organized by our Comité l’fun.