If you are using Adobe Marketing Cloud or Adobe Analytics and you have not configured Adobe Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service in your projects and see below message pop up?"IMPORTANT NOTE: You are currently setting a static value within your current deployment of the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service. This is not recommended and will not be supported going forward. We strongly advise that you set this value through a DTM data element so that you don't have any issues after the migration"
Then what? Not to worry.. we are at your rescue...
Process for implementing the change:
- Request Adobe to enable your account for the Marketing Cloud, and send your new “Org ID.” The Org ID identifies your company and ensures your visitors get recognized correctly. The ID will be a lengthy, unfriendly, alphanumeric code that's assigned to your organization that ends with @AdobeOrg. There is generally a 24-hour turnaround on this
- Ensure your s_code is up to date: AppMeasurement version 1.3 or later, s_code H.27 or later
- If you’re using (or want to use) first-party cookies via a CNAME, make sure your DNS records point to Adobe’s latest regional data centre (RDC) collection servers. In short, this means your image requests are sent to .sc.omtrdc.net instead of .2o7.net
- You are using tag management so you can update your sites at the same time
- Log into your Analytics Admin Console and get the VisitorAPI.js file from the Code Manager. This code must be added at the beginning of the file and can live in your s_code file or in your Analytics s_code tool in DTM
- Configure your Visitor ID service
- Test again. And just to be safe, test one more time – just to make sure the data sent back to Adobe looks as expected and you are ready!
Just to let you know that the same ID can be used for Adobe Audience Manager & Adobe Target to segment the data based sources collected. However, this might require additional configurations for tracking analytics for mobile apps.
Configuring Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service in DTM:
- The first step to configuring the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service is to add the service as a tool to your Dynamic Tag Manager web property
- Click Add a Tool from your DTM web property
- Choose Marketing Cloud ID Service from the drop-down, enter the Marketing Cloud Organization ID and the tracking server that you obtained from Adobe Support, and choose “Create Tool”
- Complete the appropriate form fields for your organization inside the Marketing Cloud ID Service tool settings and save the changes
- Test your visitor ID service implementation by using a Web debugging tool like omnibug in your browser to confirm there is a request sent